Damsel in Distress
[html]

out of character here

Shortly after his call into the pack lands, Terra's lovely voice followed him back to the borders through the trees. It was a beautiful and welcoming sound to hear. Moss's ears pressed forward and tail wagged knowing that she was coming. His eyes turned to scan the background for Eilam, who was smart and quickly disappeared before Moss could get a glimpse of him only to reappear a few moments later. He was no longer afraid of Terra and wanted to be seen by her. Soon, the beautiful tawny woman arrived with both pup's in tow. The largest smile spread on his face when he saw the three of them, tail picking up even faster and a happy whine flowing from his broad muzzle. The deer was dropped to the ground gently, even in it's tattered condition. Terra shifted as she came to him, rising up to embrace him in a hug which he returned with a bear hug of his own squeezing her tightly and lifting her off of the ground for a moment.

The condition of the deer was noticed and a hand was raised nervously to the back of his neck nervously. Yeah...guess it didn't want to be caught more than the usual deer. A light chuckle escaped him, obviously trying to cover up the truth behind the deer's mauled corpse. She must know that normally all of his kills were neat, with one or two arrows hitting vital organs. But, good thing she didn't read too much into it. He really didn't want to explain. Moss felt the shift in the atmosphere, immediately knowing what it meant. He didn't think much of it though as Eilam was normally hanging around somewhere when he was around Terra. He'd always been sure to not be seen by the mother. But, this time it was apparent that he'd faltered. Worry struck Moss's features as Terra stiffened, a large hand coming to hold her arm. His eyes followed hers into the forest, seeing Eilam standing there. He didn't look imposing or threatening, his tail swaying and tongue hanging from his maw in a playful manner. Moss turned back to Terra, the fear in her eyes was loud. Her whole demeanor had changed in a split second, hackles rising and a growl rumbling from her lips. Loki and Ananse were quick to pick up on it as well. No.

This couldn't be happening. Moss froze for a moment before his other hand rose to grip Terra firmly making sure she didn't turn and run. Terra...don't be afraid please. I need you to not be afraid. Moss was fumbling with his words, trying to come up with a good explanation, one that would keep her standing there. He turned to Eilam who was standing firm, despite the obvious panic before him and a glare from Moss. Worried mismatched eyes turned back to the woman, looking deep into them and trying to keep her eyes off of the spirit. He won't hurt you. He's kind, harmless really. I...Uh. Damnit Eilam! A hand ran through his tangled brown hair becoming flustered with himself and Eilam. Terra, don't run. I know you want to run, everyone runs from him but he won't do anything to hurt you or the pups. Just take a few moments to calm down I beg you. Then I can explain. Please Terra. It was at that moment that Eilam chose to leave, turning to walk away only to disappear into the natural colors of the forest. It was a relief to see him gone, but now Moss had a problem on his hands.

#00+

<style type="text/css">
.chpmnk-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#9f1b34; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.chpmnk-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.chpmnk-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #9f1b34; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.chpmnk-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.chpmnk-fb {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#bda684; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K6ITI.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #47494e; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#47494e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread