Amongst the Jewels of Autumn
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... lity_1.png); background-color:#b69062; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 285px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

She circled around him until she grew dizzy and hobbled her way back to his side to rest. When exhaustion would have allowed her before to drop with care for her body onto the ground, with precious lives dependent on her actions, she was more careful in her descent. Lowering her body slowly, she tilted off to the side to lie down but remained balanced. With tail perpetually swaying, she looked to the obsidian wolf with a smile then to his paw and the offering there in. The morsel had a 'plain' scent to it, but never the less she tried the odd food, catching it with the tip of her tongue then drawing it swiftly into her mouth. A strange texture, like meat without blood, but delicious all the same. She needed to find out what that delectable treat was called and where she could find more...

Enthralled with the taste, she greedily lapped his paw, searching for whatever remnants she could before her attention was drawn away. "The Family?" she inquired making certain she had heard correctly. "Ah, they all have been quite accepting of the arrangement since it is for the good of the pack. But on an emotional level, I do sense disappointment." Acknowledging this, she perked ears fell back against her auburn crown. "To be honest, it was perhaps more than once that I favored the males of our Family. We are small... and in need of offspring... and all, well, the majority would have been suitable candidates. But I believed there was some subtle understanding between them, and amongst themselves they decided whom was worthwhile. There was no superior above us to dictate whom would breed with whom as it would have been in the Collective... so instinct played its subtle part. And for that, I have no regrets. But..."

Having grown more comfortable in the NewDawn Alpha's presence, she lowered her head to rest upon his leg as she spoke, divulging what she would not have been able to since a neutral ear was not within the pack to listen. "I...I still feel my decision has hurt one or two. I know that X'ies is bothered, taken by uncertainty...and Jaden...I know he feels the most hurt of all for my decision. But it was of his own making...his choice to copulate with an inferior beast. His say was lost, and for a creature of pride , it must have been devastating. They all accept this arrangement, some even smile because of it, but... I am still bothered by the smiles I do not see." With a sigh, she would turn her gaze from the raven fur and seek the spring green eyes that gave her such peace. "Am I selfish, Zalen?"

458 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread