[J] The traveller in the dark
The coyote pricked her ears slightly when she heard someone approach, but she drooped them again when the male came into view. The dog was larger than herself, and he held himself with confidence; of course, any pack member would present themselves as such to a loner at the border. At a guess, however, she would say he held some rank-- he had that sort of air about him.

Ottilie put on her sweetest smile, dipping her head to the stranger in recognition of his dominant pose. She didn't appear fearful or anxious, but she was polite and appropriately submissive; the woman was far too proud to display timidity, even if she was trying to garner the favour of this man. She regarded him with calm eyes-- he had a fine colour to his coat, pretty eyes. He was blonde, not something Ottilie usually favored, but it suited him well. He had a strong tone of voice, too, something she could respect.

Ah, yes. I have heard tell much of Anathema, and found all of what I have heard to my tastes. I am looking to join, if it's not too much trouble. Her words were carefully articulated and sweet of tone, a clear lilt of sophistication to her voice. She kept herself demure, which wasn't all that difficult; she had no reason to be prideful or arrogant. Why not be polite and well spoken to this man? There was no point at all to being rude and aggressive when it would dash her own ambitions.

Messages In This Thread