Reflection
[html]

This post is blech compared to yours :c I blame history papers >:o

The woman knew him well enough to know his personality, and the reaction she recieved immediately set her to worrying, wondering at the sudden shadow she felt pass over him; it was like watching pitch inch along snow. Her expression pulled from theatrics to genuine concern; pricked eyebrows and watching him uncertainly through narrowed eyes. The mood seemed to pass, and she allowed the expression to relax and mimic his own with a smile; though his was a poor excuse for a smile he gave, she felt. “I did not know that enjoyment could make one look so uneasy." The murmur was delivered with the faint grin still hanging on her lips, burying the skepticism within the warmth of her lilting tones - besides that, and she let the matter go as not to stir up the issue in his mind again.

Holding his silence against him was certainly out of the question, a faint blush of surprise and flattery already wanted to bloom beneath the dark fur of her cheeks, a natural reaction to being complimented by another with genuine intentions. Though she felt it was safe to categorize him as honest, the plainness of it in his expression simply took her by surprise.

She was hardly a foreigner to compliments, and usually had quite a talent to guessing when the time came to expect or deliver one – but in this occasion, it appeared the skill had failed her, and it seemed unfair to reply with a premade 'you're too kind mon cher' or other such falsely modest generics. Her head tilted to leisurely rest its full weight on her arm, nose buried coyly in the cup of her elbow, with this motion causing dark strands to slip down as her head re-angled.

Aoves had been prepared to raise a hand to flick the annoyances away, but when the strands threatened to flood her cheeks, as her mane often would, a white hand slipped into her field of vision and completed the task for her. Her gaze fell for a moment, following the hand as it swept near her headspace.

Now she did feel the heat threaten to spread, and it wasn't because the heat of his hand had radiated there, but was the warmth was devoid of passions sultry edge as well. His motion called for the remembrance of her nature; it was not natural to be alone, and she could not help but respond to the break from self-imposed seclusion. The physical response to camaraderie provoked an ache in the back of her mind though, speaking of the friends she had ceased pursuing as she traveled.

She calmly lifted her head to address him, but not so much as to pull away from his hand, subduing laughter as she spoke again."Oh, me? and what 'ave I done to earn this sudden recognition? Do tell, so that I can repeat it again in the future." Fishing for compliments, yes, perhaps. She was glad to see him in a better mood though, and felt she lacked the ability to quiet her curiosity, and not ask him about it. If thinking about her was a part of the reason his mood had lifted, well then, she saw no harm in encouraging him.

<style type="text/css">
.aovaze b {color:#181f1e;}
.aovaze .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px;}
.aovaze .line {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #181f1e; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.aovaze p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.aovaze {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d7ceb8; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CV2nM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #181f1e; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c584f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread