Reflection
[html]
((688)) You're too modest! It's far from blech~ ouo

A barely audible, but genuine laugh escaped him after her observation was stated. He shouldn't have expected to have been able to hide his tension from a woman so in touch with emotions, it seemed. But, that wasn't always a bad thing. He didn't know the wolfdog to pry into business that would leave him uncomfortable, and she seemed to respect his privacy well enough. So, if she should show even the smallest bit of concern for his occasional moment of relapse, Harvey couldn't feel too nervous about it.

Tha's 'cause somefin' far less enjoyable 'ad t' come first. He said vaguely, smiling softly afterward. It's like... 'Avin' somefin' t' eat aftah you've been starvin' for days. Makes it be'eh... Y'know? What he meant was, the pain made the good things in life all the more appreciated. Small things often went overlooked, and having a friend give you a hug may be considered nothing to fuss over during times of good fortune, after troublesome events and bleak outlooks pass, the embrace is so much more than just that.

As if it was a technique, though. He simply just preferred not worry her over his past, especially with something as traumatic as what he'd been through. Besides the point of being a serious matter, it also pained him deeply still, realizing how easily he'd been overtaken and controlled. Ever since then, he'd felt weak, and could hardly build bonds of trust with even family members. This is where his anger grew into full bloom, for if he wasn't powerful now, he'd force his way to the top.

It was embarrassing, as well. It wasn't that he felt a woman being ravaged in the way he had would be something she should be ashamed for, but Harvey felt he kind of had it coming. He was ruthless, egotistical and rude to all he deemed incapable of ever reaching his level of popularity. The savage hybrid who taught him his sadist lesson was one who the red merle thought very lowly of, due to his disfigured body and unappealing personality.

But could even karma be so cruel?

At first he only blamed his attacker, but by keeping it all bottled up, he felt without a second opinion, or voice of reason, he eventually just ended up turning it on himself. Not that this realization made him want to open up to somebody (as he never has, and still finds it hard to trust an individual enough to do so), but it was an idea.

Bi-coloured brown and bright blue eyes watched Aoves reaction to his hand being there. He couldn't help but to grin a bit more. She seemed a gentle and understanding woman... But would he dare tell her? He hardly really knew her, after all, and how awkward would that make her staying there? Suddenly bringing up his rape seemed a little too drastic for the time. The Brit shook his head.

She'd see me so differently... The Australian Shepherd dog sighed heavily. It wasn't like he knew what she thought of him now, let alone after something like his history was brought up. Maybe...

He was happy to have been distracted again. He found a certain particular pleasure in complimenting the French doll, for whatever reason (it mattered little to Harv, as long as she was content).

Bein' 'bout an' lookin' lovely as evah, of course! The Londoner nodded, tail now wagging some as he leaned in closer, smirk more defined on his playful face. Got meself company, an' a lil' eye candy nevah 'urt. He laughed some, implying the statement was a joke.

Another sigh left his broad chest, and he gave his head a little shake. No. In all seriousness... I jus' fancy ya bein' 'ere, love. Listenin' to me ramble on like a daft muppet, carin' enough t' keep me company, even if I mope 'bout like 'dis... The aussie shepherd's shoulders shrugged. Gotta give ya cre'it for tha' all. Fine job you're doin', too.

It was his own Harvey way of saying thank you, for he felt just that simple phrase was hardly enough.

<style type="text/css">
.razeharv-ooc {width:440px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; font-style:italic; text-align:right;}
.razeharv b {color:#f0e5e0; font-family:georgia, serif; text-shadow:#48392a 1px 1px 2px;}
.razeharv b:before {content:open-quote;}
.razeharv b:after {content:close-quote;}
.razeharv p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.razeharv {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#ab8763; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JO1W9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:#48392a 1px solid; padding:410px 0px 3px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#48392a; line-height:18px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread