The chaos within shall feed
[html]

--

The child was right, but it didn’t know how temporary it would be. Someone as young as this one would not be able to see sense though, for age and size could never arrive fast enough. ”Don’t worry. Soon it’ll be too small for yeh!” Pandemic thought of his father, and how impatient he had been as a pup gazing up at Larkspur’s magnificent height. Now his old man was gone, and the son had taken over the role as Salsola’s giant. Other roles had eventually been replaced as well, but his dirty affair with Eris was not known. But perhaps she loved him wrongly because he looked so much like his sire. Pandemic wasn’t Larkspur, but they shared enough to make him a decent replacement, perhaps. He didn’t want to think like that.

The hurricane was a pleasant topic, pushing thoughts of corruption away from his consciousness. ”The hurricane took a toll on us all,” the man growled, though he was not one of those who had been hit the hardest. ”If you guys need any new saplings or seeds of some kind, I’m sure we can find something during our next Freetown trip.” Actually, dealing with the slave had given him satisfaction. And it had calmed his villain blood, if only for a while. Stormy gray eyes returned to the child as his mother added him to the topic. Strange, for Pandemic had been a child that had feared the outside. He’d been born into the dark caves of Anathema, and the sky had been so terribly tall. Yet, it had never swallowed him as he had feared.

”I preferred being inside, actually.” It wasn’t difficult to admit, now. ”When I was a kid, we didn’t live here; we lived underground in tunnels,” the man told the boy, his black tail dancing behind his large four-legged form. "I thought outside was a scary place."

<style>
.pand-b02 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.pand-b02 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.pand-b02 b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.pand-b02 {background-color:#A66D46; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010d ... emic03.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#432816; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:480px; text-align:justify; padding:275px 0px 10px 0px; }
.pand-b02-border {width:484px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread