Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... lity_1.png); background-color:#b69062; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 285px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

In seasons passed she had made a promise that she would return to her family with news of the outside. She would share with them her experiences, her interpretations, and bequeathed to the Exultare her insight from what she had learned of the various ways of living beyond their own. But what had she done in truth? Experienced many things, was hurt and had hurt, embraced a culture not her own and found it did not support the ideals deeply ingrained into her. But she did not take the steps toward home. Twice upon these lands, she favor casting aside this charade of a ‘normal’ life and return to the mountains, calling this land a burden than a blessing. But had she not done what the Nomad taught her; prevail over all circumstances to achieve a goal? However, the consequences of her achievement had yet to be seen. She could not fathom the pain that was caused by her actions because she could not see them first hand. An excuse…but a legitimate one that could not be helped. And she was made to endure the result.

Her ears perked up as her brother mentioned Jiva, the young wolf whom she had shared pleasant encounters with. It was he that led the Exultare to this place…then perhaps he encountered the wolves of New Dawn as well. Had they spoken of the Family’s alliance? Did her brother know how the Family was prospering? It was a group all its own, not a replacement for what was left in the mountains.

“The teachings I share are the same as our own, brother,” the autumn Nomad uttered to defend this family. “It is not a replacement, but I seek to create an improvement upon the flaws that mar our family. We were stagnated, X’yro. Idle. Too deeply set along a singular path when there were more lands to cross. We were unique in that we moved and cultivated the lands upon the seasons, but we were routine in that we touched nothing new. While he called ourselves perfected and mighty, we were scoffed by our own allies. We became predictable so much that our keep was breech by those wretched dogs that devastated both pups and mothers. Do you not remember that X’yro? The mass cries of an entire pack crippled by scum? I would not join them in crying again…I would not let that happen to myself.

“We are gifted with the urge from the ancestors to seek the Endless Path. Do you not believe it was to touch ground new to ours? To make something of it? This is what I am doing here; readying the ground for those that see the flaws, that were touched by our forebears seeking salvation… I do not abandon our family brother. I do not abandon you. I make a place for us…for those of our family that seek it, upon land not spoiled by years of stagnation.” She breathed deeply then, her voice still impassioned as she spoke of her intentions, her desire for this keep she had claimed far from home. “Forgive me brother…” she lifted her head seeking the eye of her sibling in vain. “Forgive me for leaving you all this time. But please do not look at this as naught but a false image. Look at this as my bond to our family. Look at this as my hope that the name of the Nomad will prosper.”

576 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread