tame the ghosts in my head
[html]

The wisps of the cigarette he was smoking was nothing that Sparrow was familiar with—it must have not been clove, one of the the only thing she recognized as something smokable. It tickled her nose, making her want to sneeze, but she refrained and just rubbed the tip of her muzzle to keep it from doing so; the thought of sneezing breaking the silence was both humorous and embarrassing, and she would not have known what to do if it did happen. It stopped inching soon enough, and soon she was accustomed as she could be to the smell.

The male had seemed deep in thought, or found the sky interesting. Curious, she too glanced up before she had called out her greeting, to see if there was anything to be seen. Nothing peculiar stood out, only the deep blue chasing away the light of day, and decided he must have been thinking about something. When she had spoke out, his gaze tore away and came to her, and she blinked at the strange tenor that accompanied his voice as he spoke back. It was, again, nothing she had ever heard before; she had heard at least three different accents, and yet there had seemed to be even more. Perhaps he too was from across the great water that she had never visited before, and that was the reason he spoke strangely and with words she never heard.

"I'm fine, thank you," came the quiet reply, "Are you okay, too? I didn't mean to interrupt you with... whatever you were doing." He did not seem to be doing anything, but it was better to apologize than not to, and he did seem to be thinking about something when she said her greeting. She fidgeted a little, rubbing her arm over her other, when she thought that maybe she did disturbed him, and quickly added, "M' name's Sparrow."

/nonchalantly switches tables

<style type="text/css">
.sparraze2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c32000; }
.sparraze2 p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.sparraze2 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#9f9c97; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8Hy9Q.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 420px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#25211f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.sparraze2 .wordcount {color:#c32000; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:2px dashed #25211f; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:30px 0px 0px; text-align:center;}
.sparraze2 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#25211f;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread