[J] Blessed Be These Lands Of Sanctuary
OOC: Looong post. O_O Hopefully Couram won't need to get all detailed like this a second time... X3

IC: If he were to be completely honest with himself, Couram did miss his homelands. Nowhere he'd traveled through so far quite matched the beauty and charm of Ireland. But despite this, the white male was still enthusiastically looking forward to starting a new life for himself in the new lands. He didn't know it at the time that Vinatta had other members who hailed from Ireland. If he had, the thought of just hearing the familiar Irish tongue spoken back to him by someone else would send his heart soaring. It had been a long time since the brogue had befallen his ears from another's lips. Having found Ciar on board the ship that had carried him to the new lands, the cat didn't even have the accent; and Sinead didn't speak very well to begin with so there really was no one around to grace the tattooed man with their Irish voice.

Couram's attention briefly shifted back to the small feline as he continued to nuzzle and head-bump against the red hued male's leg affectionately. It was a good sign that Ciar had so quickly taken a liking to the younger wolf. Couram had found that the cat was a good judge of people's character, even though Couram rarely ever payed mind to initial impressions. He preferred to get to know someone more before making any assumptions. However, in this case, his initial hunch proved right. "Oh no, my name is Oak. I am a Risna here. I just joined the ranks at the end of the summer." Couram smiled as Oak gave his name and then gave a slight flick of his tail in acknowledgement. "Well Oak, it is most definitely a pleasure to meet you." The Irishman's ears then perked as the younger male continued, his words sparking hope in his heart. "I am sure that our Virding will find a place for you here, Couram."

Feeling humbled at this statement, Couram lowered his gaze slightly, laying his ears back a little. "I would be honored simply to be considered to join..." His voice became thicker and softer as he spoke. He knew however that it was not simply a matter of asking if he wanted to be accepted. He'd need to prove he was of worth and use to the pack. Sure enough Oak then asked the question Couram had been anticipating. "What skill do you bring us? The pack will offer hospitality, protection and family. What can you offer in return?" In response, Couram dipped his head and slowly pulled the grey fur cloak from off his shoulder draping it gently over Sinead's back. The mare simply continued to stand patient and docile as ever at his side, her bi-colored eyes regarding the red wolf as she gave a soft sigh. Also at this point, Ciar gave a soft mew before trotting back over to sit at Couram's paws. His bright green eyes remained gently fixed on Oak. "My main skills lie in the art of healing." Couram began then, gesturing lightly to the belt of pouches about his waist. He smiled. "I always carry my stock with me in case I need to help someone in need. I have in the past grown and maintained my own garden of herbs as well as harvested wild varieties." The white wolf set his wooden staff down upon the ground before continuing, his voice becoming serious. "When I was young I was taught that as a medicine man I had a duty to all creatures to provide care. I could not turn away anyone sick or injured. It is a code and standard I have followed and will continue to follow and uphold if I am accepted into Vinatta's ranks. I will serve to heal without bias and will do my best to keep everyone, young and old, in good health." He paused thinking a moment before resuming talking.

"I know all about which plants are helpful...and those which could cause harm." He then proceeded to remove a small pouch from his belt that had a black tie around it. "For example, this..." He held up the tiny satchel between his fingers. "...Contains ten berries from a nightshade plant. I know that if someone were to eat just three of these they would be at death's door within minutes. However... He replaced the pouch upon his belt and pulled another larger pouch off. "The leaves contained in this pouch are from a yarrow plant. If administered in the first 5 minutes of ingestion of nightshade, a victim of the poisoning could be brought back from even the very grips of death itself. Yarrow not only neutralizes the effects of Nightshade, but also induces vomiting which would expel the poisonous berries from the system." He explained before retying the pouch. He hoped he wasn't being too descriptive for the other wolf. "Although Nightshade is typically avoided by all, it does have a positive side..." Couram flicked his ear lightly and decided to move on and make his last points quickly. "But I won't bore you with all my medicine talk." He chuckled as he adjusted the pouches at his waist. Looking up again, his voice becoming less grave he picked up his staff again and continued to provide his strengths to the young male.

"Although my biggest strength is as a medic, I am also a bit of a craftsman. I carved my staff and wove this pendant by hand." Using his thumb he lifted the dream catcher necklace around his neck outwards from his chest to be better viewed by the other. The intricate weavings of the fibers in the center of the pendant were beautiful and the delicate, multicolored feathers that hung from the outer wooden ring were carefully attached by miniscule wire loops. The necklace had clearly been created with extra special attention, time and care. It was in fact Couram's most special possession. "If nothing else, I can provide a listening ear, an able body and mind and I can play my flute or sing if requested." He concluded with a good natured grin. The Irishman hoped he hadn't bored the young wolf with his speech, but at least he was certain he'd stated his case thoroughly. "My apologies if I've just talked your ears off Oak...I have a tendency to ramble on a bit. He then gave a playful smirk. "But I'd be glad to help you reattach them." He chuckled again sheepishly, a paw rubbing the back of his neck. Couram then held his tongue to allow his company speak.

Messages In This Thread