make the streams for our children flow
[html]
651 words. 5 pts. Have a Nier and Grace. Excuse Grace's rudeness, that's just the way she is. :S Congrats Miyu!!!! <3

Fortune dictated that Grace and Niernan had been walking to the lake already, a small stream of furry creatures following behind them, Ciaran leading Leo, who was in turn leading the quoll pups. They had been planning a quiet day by the lake, maybe with a little paddling, but the call of the Virding broke those plans. The wolf lovers shared a look and carried on their way, emerging into the clearing before the lake to join the gathering crowd of their pack. He raised a handpaw in greeting to his leaders and the two other women stood beside them, a warm smile sent Colibris way.

His tan handpaw found Grace's as Lilin spoke, welcoming them to the gathering and explaining the meaning for the meeting. Her next words, promoting Colibri to the Sannindi, came as a little of a shock and left him stunned for a moment. It seemed Grace had been stunned too, her mouth hanging open slightly before she turned her ocean blue eyes on Niernan, a fierce storm brewing in them. He shook his head imperceptibly at her and allowed a massive grin to spread across his lips, as many of his white teeth showing as possible. He could find no words through the tangle of happiness and excitement in his mind, the stuttered words of their new sannindi causing his tail to wag furiously. He uttered a few whine-barks to congratulate his friend, his whole body almost shaking with his happiness. He felt Grace begin to pull her handpaw out of his, but he didn't let her, keeping his grip on hers. She turned her stormy eyes onto him, her voice a whisper but her words almost pure acid, "It should be you up there being promoted. You do everything in this pack." Nier felt his smile slip slightly, he turned to her, his eyes sharp and his voice hushed, but made of iron. Grace, be happy for our fellow Vinattan. I'm not bothered by not being promoted, I'm happy as Vald. If Saul and Lilin think Coli should progress, then Coli is promoted. One day, if I am deemed responsible enough I may reach Sannindi too. He bumped his nose against hers momentarily, If you desire a man with more authority then rest assured that I am likely to be the head of the Vald as I am the first and therefore most senior one. He turned away and returned to being happy for his friend, blocking all thought of that conversation from his mind.

He watched the naming ceremony with interest, only taking his eyes from it once; when Ciaran jumped up onto his shoulders. He was fascinated by the procedure, intrigued by the idea behind it and the way it was boosting the pups into the society of Vinatta and the Norse religion. He hoped that they would be able to do this for his and Graces pups. He drew his mate into his side, putting his arm around her waist as they watched the last pup, Saul and Lilins little girl, Solieri, be sprinkled with water. He placed his hand against her swollen belly, feeling the tension of their mini spat dissipate as he reminded her that they were soon to be parents, feeling her relax enough to let a smile touch her muzzle. Saul adorned each pup with a Frithr necklace, welcoming them to the pack and denoting them as Vinattan. He sent a grin his cousins way, pleased that he and Grace, and their little menagerie, had been here to see this. Thinking of his menagerie he checked on their whereabouts; noting that Leo had sat next to his right footpaw and the quoll pups were twined around Grace's ankles. Upon looking back up he ran his eyes over the pups, desperately wanting to go and congratulate his family on everything that had just passed, but holding himself back out of politeness.

<style type="text/css">
.nscross b {font-weight:bold; color:#2a5c9b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #a3b9d1; }
.nscross p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.nscross {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... 266e17.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2a5c9b; padding: 440px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.nscross p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.nscross p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread