there is a fire defragmenting the attic
[html]

Belief was a funny thing sometimes. Even though he didn't believe her words, he wasn't sure whether or not she believed them herself, or whether she was, like so many others, lying for his sake. But he supposed he was grateful -- if he couldn't die now, then at least there was something that seemed to be keeping him sane. Her voice was soft, but it was something to hold onto in the blinding emptiness. If he could focus on it, then it was easier to ignore everything else (but I'll always be here, baby). Nevertheless, Laruku hoped that she would be able to find other people to care for who also cared about her. Maybe he was cursed to live forever. Maybe not. But he knew he wouldn't always be able to be there for her (not with me around, huh?).

He curled his hand back towards his chest when Rachias had finished wrapping it; he could feel the throbbing against the wrappings, but it didn't seem as important as the question posed. I don't know, he answered truthfully, I never knew him very well. It was pathetic, he knew, for a man to not know his own children, regardless of the excuses he'd had. I think he was afraid of me. He flattened his ears and sighed quietly. He was a good kid, though. I know he was a good brother to you. I'm sorry, hung on the tip of his tongue, but he swallowed it, knowing that it wasn't what she wanted to hear. In the back of his mind, he wondered where the other brother was, and whether anyone had put him out of his misery yet.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread