Return to the mounatain [J]
[html]

Leaving the mountain had been harder than either of them would have thought. They were devastated, both on an emotional level and on a physical level. Food had been scare, even scarcer since the hurricane blew past, leaving both of the wolves weak and vulnerable. Sequoia, strong as she was, was not used to surviving on her own and caring singularly for her mother was not something she was capable of. It had been a difficult decision on her part to make the journey back to the mountain and the pack that they had spent only a night with. She was not sure how they return would be greeted.

Her fears were put to rest, however, as X’yrin showed only concern for the pair. If she had been offended at their leaving she did not show it now. Sequoia opened her mouth to speak at the first question, her speech already prepared, but as X’yrin went on she closed it again and waited for the Issor to finish. She took in a deep breath and spoke in her low, melodious voice.

“The storm did not help our condition but it is my own failings that bring us to your border.” The large wolf hung her head in shame, her ears pinning back against her head. “I.. am not strong enough to care for my mother, or even for myself. We need help.. the protection of a pack.” Sequoia glanced to her mother, gaining strength from the fragile wolf’s soft smile and then continued. “We would like to join Sangi’lak”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread