bottom of the bottle
[html]

A barely audible sigh passed her lips as the hybrid mentioned her younger friend’s name. Deep inside, she’d already known something was wrong. The exchange couldn’t have put an end to her suffering just like that, it was common sense. Alexey was aware that Firefly was mentally scarred for life, thanks to those coyote bastards. However, she had half-expected the girl to be a little happier now that she was back home. But that wasn’t the case. Instead, the adolescent chose to stay away from her pack, as if they were the enemy. Did she hold Dahlia de Mai responsible for what happened?

So many questions, and yet no one was able to provide an answer to them. Alexey couldn’t help but wonder if she was the one Firefly was avoiding. She felt guilty for snapping at her friend the last time they had seen each other. Her gaze met DaVinci’s for a moment, before filling the void between them by sharing her own worries with him. “I think she’s been avoiding me. I can’t find her anywhere.” Her voice was low, almost ashamed.

As the male dropped to the ground and inquired about her well-being, Alexey mirrored his weak smile and offered an evasive answer. “I’m good. What about you? You look like hell,” she joked, attempting to lighten the atmosphere. There was a hint of truth in her statement though. He looked tired and worn out, more sleep certainly wouldn’t hurt.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread