bottom of the bottle
The anger that boiled inside, the storm that he'd held at bay yet had blamed himself for was overflowing now as he tried to explain everything to the bronze pelted lady. He shook his head, knowing that no matter what he said it would all come out wrong and he'd just be stuck in an endless loop of blaming himself and trying to make Alexey understand just what had befallen the young girl. His stormy eyes were extinguished as he closed them and whispered softly. "I should have protected her.. I should have never let her leave.." he would blame himself forever for the deeds committed against the fierce soul that had suddenly seemed to fade to embers, even if he deserved it or not.

The sudden touch of the woman drew him back sharply to reality as he pushed himself away and growled softly. He didn't deserve her touch, he didn't deserve her comfort, not when Firely was so lost and bitter, the result of a sick game she'd had no hand in playing. His deep voice was sharp as he finally spat the truth out. "She was raped, what do you think happened?" he turned his gaze back to Alexey as he rambled. "I should have known something was up when we went to find her... that just wasn't my kid sister.." his shoulders drooped as he gazed out across the meadow with a look of defeat across the planes of his face. There was nothing he could do now and he didn't know if the fact that he hadn't done anything, or if he now couldn't do anything was what hurt the most.

Messages In This Thread