There ain't nothing but a blue sky now.
[html]
She had to think about his query. What skills did she have? "Well, I can hunt and fish. The latter is rather iffy, I'll admit. Um.." She paused, racking her tired brain for something more. Of all the things, this was one of the hardest questions for her to answer.

Her ears twitched lightly. "Should the need arise, I can watch after pups but beyond that, mister, there's not much I could offer." The truth sounded disheartening, even to her own ears. Something he said puzzled her. "Two legger?" She queried softly, tilting her head curiously. She had heard of beings that had been in two legs but had never encountered them, let alone hear a term to describe them.

Her thoughts drifted during the silence that followed. She hadn't ever learned to fight offensively but defensively was something she could manage, although she wasn't going to make herself sound more pathetic than she already had. She had never really had a need or a want to fight. She had avoided other loners and pack territories for that reason. Most of her successful hunts had been because she was at the right place, at the right time, and just so happened to be faster than her prey. "Um..f-forgive my outburst, sir." She couldn't get the apology out fast enough after realizing she had spoken out of turn...and just done it again.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread