[Aw] - Letters From Mom
November 1, Wolf's Peak... Night Time
[html]

Form :: (Optime-First) *Sucui-Second*

The night have been cold, yet without a home to sleep in, he was left to fend for himself within the crisp night time air. About him, the steady chirp and buzz of several insignificant insects and rodents seemed keen on letting themselves be known. How... how they could still create their music in this weather was extremely unsettling. Perfects he should have rubbed his legs together, made sure that he created a song as well as something beautiful. For the short moment that it took him to finish carving the circular piece of wood, his eyes kept escaping from his work to slip toward the sky. Now... now he was creating something he'd wanted to do for a while. The moon. He'd never found a piece of wood who's grain seemed to run in such a circular pattern. Perhaps it was his lucky day, but then again... the paper folded within several envelopes stood out in the night time air, brightened by the slight gleam of the moons light casting off of the brilliantly white paper, only marred slightly with his name written in perfectly detailed letters on the front.

Without a ruse of a moment's hesitation, he let the bald, carved wood thump against the ground at his feet all the shavings that had been carved away. Those fiery orange eyes flashed indiscriminately before he quickly reached out to take hold of the small bundle, tied together with a knotted cord of vine, the near copper toned coloring of his mane's hair and untied it from its wooden clasp. It was time he read these things, learned of some of the things happening with his mother. The one who'd left him to be with a new mate. For a long time, he couldn't understand why she'd let him go when he was her everything. They'd spent so much time together, yet it seemed her eyes had died out about the same time his father left. With a single clawed digit, he broke the seal that blocked his entrance to the first letter. It was written to him and dated not long after he'd left his mother's side. The words seemed to carve an intricate pattern into the paper, one he might not have been able to understand had it not been for his constant need to learn everything around him.

'Dear Leviothan,
today was one of the hardest days of my life. I had to watch my son walk away from me with tears in his eyes, with no understanding of how he was to survive other then the carving knife he'd found on a hunting trip. The moment you left was the moment my heart broke for what I knew would be the last time. I never understood what it meant to be a parent and much more, what it meant to be a mother. After your brothers and your little sister left us to be with whoever created us, I wanted to be certain that I taught you always to be true to yourself. And I understand that you don't get along with the new mate that I've chosen, but baby, this is my decision and I can't change it. It's time for me to be happy, for me to grow when..'
He stopped suddenly at what he'd been doing. Reading it was hard with his somewhat limited reading skills, yet he understood the just of things. His mother started off by explaining that she was sad about the way things had turned out, even tried to explain why she'd done it, yet it couldn't stop the burn of tears from reaching the corners of his eyes.

He quickly set the letter down. It was near time for bed and the fact that he hadn't gotten any sleep in the past day wore down upon his body. Regardless, he had to finish the letter. Silently but efficiently, he lowered onto his stomach, arms before him upon the ground. In an almost vicious, grotesque manner, his bones began changing. For him to take on such a human like form, the bones would have gotten longer, more sturdy in order to hold him up, his spine would have had to make a different turn and approach of things. With a simple grace to it, despite all the pain that it may of caused, soon he'd taken the favored Secui form that he so loved. Even upon the ground, his legs curled upon themselves, a single paw held in front of him, locked onto the paper that stood out upon the ground. He was sure that his lengthened claws couldn't penetrate the paper, as long as he made sure not to press into it too hard. In this form, his pelt had lost its length, retreating from being a mane despite his desired approach, but the clean, perfected cut that he'd styled it with was very much still there, sending a slightly coarse copper red tuft of fur right down the middle of his spike to settle against his shoulders, not quite as far as the Optime form's, yet just enough. He looked more bestial then in his lupus form, somewhat like his Optime in nature.

He quickly went back to reading what was written. ----'.. you, yourself, have grown so very much into the loving wolf your father and I wished you to be. I'm sorry that in the end, you didn't get to know the wolf I'd fallen in love with. He shouldn't have left, but you know, it's his loss, not ours. You may not have a father in Silace, but you do have someone who can relate to you. His parents were killed when he was a younger pup so he grew up without both. Don't tell him I told you, of course, I doubt he'd understand my reasoning for telling you. For now, I'll have to end this letter on a gentle note.. I love you sweetheart. Make your momma proud of you. Join a pack that can love you as I do. Love, mom.' Now he really couldn't help it. The tears fell freely, staining his usually dried fur covered cheeks a deep russet color, despite how the night time air seemed to paint him a murky, muddy brown. He looked about then because he smelled something, someone.

Word Count :: 1050 | OOC :: I know we'll be switching the board soon, but I really feel the urge to write and role play. Whoever does so with me now will probably find this reposted when we move to the new board so that we can continue off there if you don't want to finish it within the time we have left.|Table By: Ann

[/html]

Messages In This Thread