Last Speck Of Hope
Whist he awaited some response to his call he tried not to succumb to his need to rest. His body felt all too heavy. The only movement that gave away that he was in fact alive was his honey brown eyes slowly shifting to survey the land in front of him, along with his breath reacting with the chill within the air. Though he was all to use to the cold, he didn’t feel the need for a reminder of the home lost. To many times he had tried to rest along his journey, only to be disturbed by the memories of things ripped away from him. But he had got into the habit of pushing those thoughts away, resting only a little and bottling up his feelings on the past. No doubt he knew that one day it would become impossible to carry on that way, but for now it had meant his survival.

Although he was usually a proud, somewhat sharp individual he admitted to himself that the bark that rang in his ears, had almost made him jump. Another sign to him that he was getting sloppy from being on his own, which was dangerous. Demogorgon had lifted his head slightly, examining the form which had come to greet him. It was clear that this female wasn’t one to mess around. So he placed his head back down where it had been. With some hope of finding others to accept him, he wasn’t going to let any stupidity he may have lurking within mess it up. Knowing the ways in which a pack worked, respect was given to any and all above you. Right now he knew he was the scrapings at the bottom of the barrel, or so he felt like.

Whist he waited her appraisal to conclude he watched her; he had seen few of his kind along his journey. Mainly as he had been fleeing so fast from where he came from that he had been scared stop. Only now had he been so near to another, it had only been for the sake of his reflection in water that he remembered what his kind looked like. When her voice sprang into his ears he had to stop himself from rising with excitement, but he righted himself back down in his low position. He had found a pack. He had heard of various ones, but he had only ever lived in one place. Needless to say traveling with the direction of whispers and never before seen land hadn’t been exactly accurate. With his head low once more he forced out his voice, which had been used so little in the time that had past while he was one his own.

“It is a pleasure to meet you Ciara, I am Demogorgon. I have come in search of a new home, a new pack to belong to. Please forgive both my being on the border of your packs territory, along with my appearance which I can only imagine is a rather rough sight to witness.”

Messages In This Thread