in laughter, in strife
[html]

This thread makes me happy. :3 I hope you don`t mind how slow it`s going-- I`m trying to keep it realistic due to the language barrier. <3

Well, at least the stranger understood a bit of what he had said. He was lucky that the creature that been able to pick up on that, for he did not know if the other male would simply think he name were another word. Like words, it had a meaning, but was a different sort. He nodded quickly when the other male repeated his name, grinning widely. He finally felt like he had accomplished something with the stranger, and was glad that he could at least pick his name out of the rubble of words.

He tilted his head slightly when the other spoke again. Dohi Ulagahasti, the stranger had said. Barthélémy frowned. "Êtes-vous Dohi Ulagahasti?" He reached out with his one paw to gesture to the other, trying not to stumble over the word the other male had given him, but ultimately failed. The words themselves used sounds he had never heard, with a strange 'h' sound that he had not heard before. In the end, he pronounced it, removing the 'h' almost entirely. The second word was more difficult, and it came out as a mush of nothing. He winced, rather embarassed he could not repeat the other canine's words.

He frowned as the other canine spoke once more, tilting his head slightly. He said it slower this time, and again, Barthélémy was unsure of the meaning of his words. Barthélémy flinched as the male gestured toward him, glancing around nervously when the gesture was extended around them. He tilted his head slightly, frowning, unsure what to say. In the end, he only laughed nervously and shrugged.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread