transition.
edit=> note to self: changing linked account name then hitting preview then hitting post later doesn't work.

[html]
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd35 ... boomer.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center top; background-color: #c0c0c0;">
She retreated further and he simply watched, not daring to move closer (or at all). Every so often he'd cast a nervous glance over his shoulder--the way she was acting, he seriously expected some kind of bear reared up on its hind legs ready to bite his head off, a swarm of winged tigers waiting to attack, or a hoard of cackling evil spirits. Hell, even the possums hadn't been this frightened of his presence--and that was saying something. His ears pricked forward as she finally spoke. What was he? So that was it, eh? Fortunately, that was an easy one.
Just a dingo, mate, he reassured her calmly. A subspecies of wolf, actually, similar to any domestic dog, he elaborated further. 'm originally from Australia, 'n my name's Beck O'Malley, but I prefer Boomer. There, with a light hearted name like that, how could she possibly be afraid? Besides, he'd given her as good of an explanation as he could--knowledge was supposed to be comforting or something, right? His ears fell back but he didn't move otherwise; softly, almost offended or upset... Am I really that alarming?
He certainly didn't want to be responsible for giving anybody a heart attack. If he upset her that much, he'd just back away and leave... although part of him was determined to get to the root of the problem. He knew he was a good person and about as harmless as they came, and he usually wore this on his sleeve. Why couldn't she see it?

table by jesile/amanda! <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread