transition.
[html]
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd35 ... boomer.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center top; background-color: #c0c0c0;">
During his travels, Boomer had met all kinds of canines. Wolves and coyotes were just the start of it--there were slews of domestic dogs, jackals, dingos (obviously), etc. In some places there were even lots of non-shifting canines--foxes, maned wolves, and so on. He suddenly felt like the big city boy that got tossed into the homogeneous country where all the locals could stare at him oddly and whisper about him behind his back. What was the big deal? They were all practically the same, anyway... especially the coyotes, wolves, and dogs. They could all interbreed and produce fertile young; did that count for nothing?
That's a pretty name, he remarked, determined to put her fears to rest. Now he felt like an ambassador--so what if they weren't familiar with his species or culture? He could teach them and they could probably all get along... he hoped. If he was lucky, he'd learn something himself in the process. Sounds a lot like 'Adelaide,' one of the old human cities very near where I grew up. Indeed, he'd known a good number of folks in the village with that surname. He doubted her name had anything to do with that place so far away, though.

Sitting absolutely still was beginning to make him twitchy--his legs were itching to move. Rather fidgety by nature, he became found himself becoming hyper-focused on staying still and it bothered him all the more. Finally he gave up and shifted slightly in his seat; instead of crossing his legs, he placed his feet flat on the ground and pointed his knees toward the sky. Instead of leaning forward, he placed his hands behind him and rested his weight on them. It wasn't a dramatic change, really, but the way she was watching him made it feel that way. So uh... I take it there aren't many travellers around here? From overseas, I mean.

table by jesile/amanda! <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread