transition.
[html]

That’s a pretty name. Her attention was diverted. In any normal state, she would not be so easily contented, but living with constant fear and paranoia for the last few months had been exhausting, and her most recent run in with coyotes, shifters at that, had drained her more than she had realized. Boomer was not a coyote, and although he was a shifter he did not seem inclined to hurt her, and really none of the wolf shifters had seemed inclined to hurt her. Logically, Adelaida knew that the malice they felt for her was all in her head, because certainly now that she had the virus Ade didn’t feel any different than she had being a non-shifter wolf (except for the consistent idea that she was now tainted, dirty in a way). Keeping up with her biases and prejudice was exhausting, and so Adelaida let herself be lulled by the male’s kind words and voice, and slowly she lowered herself to the ground, no longer intent on escaping.

This action seemed to signal that he could move now, at least if he did so slow. She saw him shifting uncomfortable and despite the fact he was a shifter, she felt a pang of guilt. Her fears were shaping his actions and responses, yet he was being so patient with her. Adelaida let out a long sigh, and her eyes lost that crazed look, she found her voice and held it steady for the first time since meeting this canine. I’m sorry. I don’t know... why I am scared of you. Of shifters. And she didn’t really, except that the unknown was scary, and the shifters had been part of the unknown. Now however, she was one, and how could she herself be part of the unknown. And thank you... although I have never heard of that city before.

Adelaida laid her head on her paws, keeping her eyes on Boomer. Although she had given in and her panic was eradicated, she didn’t quite want to let her guard down, she would watch him for any sudden movement, although her expression was gentle now, more accepting. Were there many travelers from overseas? Adelaida found this an odd question. Perhaps there were and she hadn’t notice, because to her, all the wolves that had come over the mountain because of the fire were travelers to her. The only native wolves she knew of was herself and her sister, though there had to be others she didn’t know. I don’t know. Adelaida was honest at least. She had never taken the time to get to know anyone, except Umbra, and he certainly was not from overseas. As if it just occurred to her, Adelaida perked up, almost interested in the origins of the stranger. You came here in a boat?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread