Wishing upon that star
Iskata hadn't expected such questions from the woman but she paused in rummaging for the jerky she'd prepared and stored to gaze off in the distance as she tried to give a real answer to the questions. She shook her head and spoke softly as she moved back to looking, "Well, I was named after my granddam.. and I'm not really for certain what it means.. My mother named me when I was born." She smiled as she pulled out a leather pouch from the cabinet, the raspy clatter of the dried meat shifting inside heard loud and clear in the silence after her words.

Iskata normally wouldn't have slain one of the lifestock outside the season but the half grown calf had been lamed and was refusing to eat. She knew he probably wouldn't have been strong enough to make it through the winter, even with the pack to care for them. She dug out a few of the strips of meat and nibbled on one as she tossed the package to the newest pack member with a smile at the words she'd spoken. "Beef jerky, the humans had a few good ideas.. it carries light and a quick meal when you're on the move." She chewed on one of the pieces, savoring the peppery taste as nodded. "It's easy to fall in love here.. " she admitted, though she wasn't for certain if she was talking of love of the lands, the family, or of another.. but perhaps she'd find out over time.

Messages In This Thread