How to make a home
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... -eagle.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom;">

I lack an avvie Sad And I'll make yours today, "grease" was on the telly last night, and there was ice cream goodness!
Ethereal Eclipse

The forest was virtually brimming with usefulness. Dawali looked around himself with a pleased expression, one foot on a dead tree blocking the path. Not that much flat land, but plenty of material to build himself somewhere to stay. He would have to talk to his daughters and the other travellers; still they hadn't decided where to settle. He would explore, and hopefully discover whether they had the lands to themselves or not. The tall male had no fear in that regard. Should he? Surely if he met them with respect they would return the favor. Yellow eyes looked up to the sky, where he spotted his companion. She would know whether they had any clear land ahead of them or not. Quietly, his lips let out a high-pitched sound, and she came soaring down to him. None would be able to see her unless she wanted them to, but generally she made sure he could see her. He'd worked hard to be worthy of her attention, and he knew better than to waste it, but it just so happened that they enjoyed each other's company in a perhaps grumpy-ish way. It reminded him of marriage, friendly fighting, people who have spent too long together. Dawali and Gvihita were by no means an old combination, not compared to those who spend their lives together; they had met for the first time just over two-three years ago or so. Still, despite their sulky language, Dawali never forgot for a second the honor she was showing him, and that there were so many things she knew that he might never grasp.

His two long legs carried him elegantly over the dark forest floor as he felt Gvihita's claws dig into his shoulder. The first times it had been painful, and he knew that she chose to make him feel it. If she wanted to she could be light as a feather, but it was one way of craving attention. He looked at her, yellow eyes to yellow eyes, speaking barely audible. Were there any openings in the thick vegetation ahead of us? I could do with some light. Without a word the spirit flew up again, quite much faster than a real bird would be able to. She didn't have to speak, he knew that all he had to do was follow. A quiet whistle escaped his lips as two red-furred legs carried him along, following the little dot in the sky. The area was promising.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread