How to make a home
Leland was sitting crossed legged under the towering trees. His eyes had slid shut some hours ago and if one stumbled across him they may have guessed that he was asleep, but he was not. He was far too preoccupied thinking about the past few weeks to sleep now, and besides, he rarely ever slept in his shifted form. He normally did not even travel in his two legged form, but in these lands he had met more luperci than unshifted wolves and so he was getting use to it. There were a lot of differences between here and “home” and it was those he was mulling over in the silence of the forest, or at least the forest had been silent until he heard the male’s voice. Were there any openings in the vegetation ahead of us? I could do with some light. Bi colored eyes slid open, but no one was there. The voice sounded as if it was a little ways away, but one could never be sure. The thick forest could muffle voices that were actually quite closer in order to make them seem farther away than they were.

Standing, Leland shook himself out, leaves and wood land debris falling off his pelt. The sensation of being so tall was still strange, back home they had only shifted for special rituals, but he knew if he kept it up it would quickly lose it’s novelty. Leland guessed the direction the voice had come from and was not disappointed when after only a few yards the trees cleared and showed the lone male. Who then, had he been talking with? Himself? Leland smiled to himself and cleared his throat. "Ah, ‘cuse me sir. I heard ya talking just now and thought I’d come see if you needed any help? My name’s Leland." Leland raised his hand in a peace signal, just to be sure he was understood, although what help Leland could offer he didn’t know, and chances were the other fellow didn’t need any help anyway.

Messages In This Thread