The beginning of tomorrow
ooc:// I apologize for the wait.

Emory fought a scowl as he realized that civilization here was a little more human than normal. Was that a /cow/ that he'd just heard? Free cows? He watched for the female's expression to change into one of curious hunger, you know, the normal one of predator and prey? But she just muttered something to herself. Maybe something to help her self-control, or something, he concluded. FREE cows! How easy could life get. The male desperately fought back the idea that the lunch orders he'd heard mooing just moments ago, and now again, were not pets. Something to keep with leisure. What kind of place was this? The vegetarian wolves? Had he picked the wrong place? That would suck if he'd have to learn to leave things alone, never knowing if he was allowed to eat them or not. But seriously.. FREE? cows! Easy enough. They weren't smart creatures. Unless they had protectors.

His eyes flicked back into focus when he heard the female speak with him. Or.. ask him something? There had been a greeting in there.. that was good. "Hi..-ignore-". Not the best way to make friends. But he was pretty sure she'd ask what he was doing. His ears turned forward instinctively, making sure he'd hear anything else, instead of letting his mouth water over things he couldn't have.

"Wanna tag along?"

Was she repeating herself because he stood there quietly as if nothing had been said? Regardless, he'd heard her this time, and he would respond. Like the gentleman fellow that he was, that Emory boy.

"Uh..yeah. Sure."

She was .. carrying a bucket? Did she expect him to be able to that with paws? No. There must be something else she'd intended behind the sentence. But Emory didn't exactly feel like it was right to stand by, or trot along by her side, without helping in some way. Being a wolf never felt helpless until you were around other species with thumbs. Not exactly fair. Frowning only in the slight, and moreso to himself, he strode forward lazily, thinking of things he could come up with as to not look so stupid in front of the female. Instinct cut in when a lady was doing more work than you were. "Ehh, I'm not quite sure if I'll be much of assistance to you without thumbs though," he said, keeping as much self-doubt out of his voice, and sentence, as possible.

Word Count: 405

Messages In This Thread