living breathing demons
[html]Once she had spoken, Corona released the grip she had on her and only hovered over her. Even if she couldn't have verbalised the real worth of her life, Corona could see it in her eyes. For a few fleeting moments, that was the only thing Corona did: stare. Long and hard and cold into those different, mismatched eyes. In the same way that their ancestors had once asserted dominance over each other, this was very much the same thing. They did not need to speak or make sounds to get points across any more, eye contact did that for them. “I'll let you go,” she said at last, drawing her attention away from the foolish woman and to the many supplies around her. “But only if you promise never to hurt anyone else again—wolf or coyote—and actually stick to it. And don't think I won't know, don't think I'll find out, because I will. And when I do, I won't hesitate to find you again. I won't let you go a second time.” Satisfied that there really wasn't anything she felt the woman could feasibly grasp to use against her, Corona turned her full attention back to her, and met her gaze in the dim light. “Can you do that or not?”[/html]

Messages In This Thread