he'll never say you're beautiful
[html]
http://i36.tinypic.com/23tqi2r.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 448px; border: 1px solid #000; background-color: #20466A;">
Watch the skyscrapers as they melt away
      No. Tayui had not expected an answer that would make any sense, but she would not have been satisfied with either a yes or a no. She wished Aurèle could have ignored that altogether, and simply answered all her questions, but she knew that would never happen. If Aurèle had replied with a yes, Tayui suspected she would still be just as vexed, for her smile made her response ambiguous and indecipherable.

The change in conversation was obvious enough, and at first, Tayui only shook her head in reply, chuckling quietly. She would never figure out who Aurèle really was; sometimes, she wondered if Aurèle even knew. But that was irrelevant, and mattered little. Tayui suspected that she would find out the answers she needed if she gave it some time-- assuming Aurèle decided to stick around.

"These are the lands of 'Souls. If you travelled here by foot, you might have passed the lands to the north of the mountain, Bleeding Souls. I think the humans called the city nearby Halifax, but I don't know the name of these lands." She paused. Tayui wondered how Aurèle had found her, now curious about the details of her sister's life. She cocked her head to one side, trying to figure out how to phrase her question. "How long have you been travelling? To get here, that is?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread