the devil's city
[html]

SOMEWHERE THERE'S A CRACK IN THE SIDEWALK
BIGGER THAN THE SHADOW OF DEATH IN THIS TOWN

She had been hanging around the south east borders after swimming in the bay an hour prior. It had been rather relaxing and she was surprised that no one had come across her or bothered her. She had yet to really meet many from Inferni, but she supposed that would happen with time. Even her father, whom had been kind enough to give her the grand tour, had been sparse the past week or so. But she was alright. She had been alone for a few months now, so she couldn’t expect everything to be different so suddenly. After all, she could take care of herself.

She trailed around the yard of the mansion, looking up at it’s malevolent expanse, and plucking a rose from one of the bushes. It petals had spread out wide, and as she walked, one by one they began to fall away from her. It reminded her of the ferns that she had watched DaVinci absentmindedly strip down to nothing. She smiled with the thought of that boy, and wondered when she would see him again.

She didn’t carry her bag this time, leaving it stashed near the place that she slept. She did, however, have her slate blue dress which she had been carting around. Now that her fur had finally dried, she pulled her dress on down over her head. She had discovered that not many wore clothes here, but she liked to. Fuck everyone else if they didn’t like it.

The border trailed away from her as Ryan headed deep for the heart of the Dampwoods. She kept the rose between her fingers, helping along the defacement of it as she plucked away some of the petals. She whispered a little game that her mother has shown her when she was a very little girl. "He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me..." and so on as a very sparse trail of rose petals began to fall behind her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread