I try to digest my pride
[html]

She felt nearly weightless now, without the pups stretching her belly down to the ground. Naniko had been considering going out for a run, if she could find someone to stay with the pups for a few minutes. Just a jog around the mansion. She had gained some weight during the pregnancy, despite the fact that she'd felt sick to her stomach for most of it.

Her tail waved back and forth, but stilled at Savina's last words. Kansas? Sure, she had noticed that they were hanging out, the way they'd sat together at the pack meeting and everything...but had it gone that far? She didn't know what she could say about it--or even how she felt about it. It was new news to her. But she was happy for Savina for having found somebody the way that Naniko had with Anu...even it was with Kansas.

Naniko cleared her throat, nodding."That's great--I'm really glad for you. He's a great guy" She didn't know what was wrong with her, really...she had to be happy for Savina. She was her best friend--she should be happy for her.

"Then you'd really be in the family, too" The idea had just occurred to her. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad; she and Savina would be real sisters. "I was meaning to ask, too--how is your brother doing? I wasn't sure how many people were actually staying here in the mansion. Is it a lot?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread