I try to digest my pride
[html]

wc 384

Her body twitched as she noted her friend's tail cease to move. Were her fears right? Hell, she didn't even really know what she was afraid of. Naniko and Anu were mates, surely she wasn't in love with Kansas. They were siblings. Still, this horrible sense of foreboding ate at her gut. She had to work to suppress a whine from escaping her throat. Savina wanted Nani to be happy about this. The ivory wolf was like her sister, it would break her heart if she didn't approve.

Muscles relaxed as the alphess verbally replied to the news. Though her words and body language told two different tales. The ebon female's tail drooped like a wilting flower. Something wasn't quite right. If it had been someone else she knew that her friend's reaction would have been much different. They would both be jumping and wagging their tails. Maybe it was just the surprise of it all? The fey desperately wanted to know what was causing this certain reaction, but was too afraid to ask. Maybe once Naniko had time to digest it things would be better. She prayed that was the case. Her heart did lighten when it was mentioned that then they would be real sisters. "Oh that'd be great, wouldn't it? Even though you already feel like a sister to me, then it'd be official, huh?"

With the change of subject, she tried her best to shake the disappointment from her head. Even though she knew it would eat at her until it was resolved. Oh well, she would just have to quietly deal with it for the time being. "Oh Ehno? He's doing well! I think he's happy with how everything went. The new pack formation that is. I'm so glad he's here. I never realized how much I truly missed him until we were reunited." The Italian wolf and her brother were as close as siblings could get. They always shared their adventures when they were little. When he had left she had felt somehow emptier. Now that they were together she felt whole again. "I believe so. Everyone who lived here originally of course. I'm not sure where Urma and Pilot have taken up residence though." Talking about her brother and the pack were proving to be good distractions.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread