I try to digest my pride
[html]

It was all that Naniko wanted, to be able to take care of pups of her own. She had always watched over other wolves' pups, watched them grow up and leave after their real parents. Naniko had grown up knowing that her parents probably weren't going to be coming back...and she'd looked to Iskata for guidance and motherly love. She wasn't sure where she would be if Iskata hadn't decided to take her in. She had argued with Laruku to allow Naniko to live in the pack, after carrying her there from the mountaintop that she'd fallen from.

The female felt that she knew a lot about Savina, but the question sparked something new. She didn't know how long Savina had been in the country! She had probably been told in the past, but she couldn't bring it to memory if she had. Had she spent last winter here, or had she been back in Italy? She had never left Bleeding Souls before in her life, so she wasn't sure what the weather would be like in other places. In fact, she hadn't even asked much about Italy at all.

"I have never asked you much about Italy...about what it was like there. Here it gets very, very cold in the winter. Some days you can't even go outside, it is so cold. And if you get too far away from home and can't go back and you get caught in a storm, sometimes it can be fatal." At least, that was how it had been back in the higher territory.

"That was how it was northeast of here, anyway. Maybe this area will not be as bad. What was your home like?" They weren't going at too fast of a pace, so it was easy to talk and run at the same time.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread