I try to digest my pride
[html]

wc 309

Shocked was really the only way to describe her reaction to the answer. So shocked in fact, that her legs screeched to a halt, bringing up a little cloud of dust in her wake. She stood there, mouth agape. "It gets that cold?" Not that the dark femme thought her friend was lying, but it was hard for her to get her mind around the idea. A quick shudder went through her body. She couldn't even imagine how cold that must be. "Ugh...this is going to be tough." She groaned. The Italian wolf had never experienced such temperatures before, she was a bit nervous to see how it would effect her.

"In Italy it never got much colder than it is now. It barely snowed. While I was on the ship I had no sense of direction, but I guess this must be much farther north than I thought." Though she didn't really know this, Savina had never grew in a thick winter pelt, because her body had never had the need for it before. The next winter would be easier for her, but this first one would be a struggle. Once it really started getting cold her body would probably react as it needed and start to grow thicker fur, however it wouldn't be there right when winter started as the other native wolves' would be. An exasperated sigh heaved out of her lungs as she shook her head.

Paws started moving again once she had the chance to recover from the news. "Italy was a very lovely place. Beautiful weather, always nice and warm for the most part. I wish I could show you it...but unfortunately that will never happen." The thoughts of the frigid winter that awaited her still made the fey cringe. She would have to work hard to not be useless once it hit.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread