misty eyes and teardrops
She chuckled at the words the male spoke as she shook her head and admitted. "I didn't mean it thatway.." She eyed him with a little bit of skepticism as she smirked and flicked her tail back and forth, the smallest show of impatience at the teasing she was awarded with. Shaking her head again she grinned, "I bet you can be pleasant.. but we have to get you patched up before we can find out how pleasant.." The face he made almost made her laugh out loud but she gave in and just gave a grunt and decided not to comment further... yet.

The serious growl that she was met with as she watched him fell on deaf ears. Having children did grant her one thing, the ability to ignore foolish comments and the bravado from so many. She flashed Jefferson a grin, her eyes sparkling as he commented on the fact that he wasn't dying yet. "Yes, you caught me out. I was hoping that you'd up and die in the night.. You see, we're really a bunch of cannibals here.. and with all that meat on your bones.. we'd have a fine feast." It was a sad sight, she could actually go through the whole speech without breaking out in a fit of laughter though she knew her eyes gave it all away.

She shook her head at the truth that he'd spoken after commenting on his stubborn fight with death and sighed. "We'll need Deuce to look at it hon'.. You can't continue on like that.. You may end up losing it all together if you ignore the pain and injury. It may seem just a simple problem now.. but small issues can explode into horrible dangers overnight you know." She raised her eyes back to his as she smiled weakly. "So if all your scars are from the life of a loner.. What are mine from?" Her body had been riddle with scars for various reasons, most of them were from defending herself or others, some she'd picked the fight.. and some had just happened.. life was like that.. and it wasn't pretty.

The comment he granted her last made her look away as she admitted. "Life throws trial after trial at your feet.. if you survive the flood of pains and sorrow once you hit rock bottom you'll rise again with blessing.." A weak and pathedic smile was his reward as she admitted. "I think I'm nearing that rocky floor now.."

Messages In This Thread