misty eyes and teardrops
She raised a brow at the boy as he tried to get out of getting some help with his injuries, she gazed at him disapprovingly but she was going to force the idea yet. Shaking her head she chuckled, "All you boys are the same.. Ok, so no healer for the moment.. but the next time I see you if you're still looking like the walking dead and that leg is bothing you as much as it seems to be doing now.. you're going to see Deuce." She rolled her eyes at the boy, wondering what it was that they all seemed to think they had to prove to the world how tough they were. She knew that Deuce hadn't made a great impression on the fellow but the two of them would have to sort out those differences sooner or later.

Her eyes flicked off towards the lane that lead on down through the packlands and to Deuce's home. She turned her gaze back to Jefferson as she commented. "If I asked, Deuce would take a look at what's left of you.." She smirked slightly, the last bit she'd spoken was said seriously but the teasing manner was obvious. She really just wished that Deuce would get over her past.. but she knew that that was hard to do.

She'd been silent a while when the clearing of the throat woke her up again. She turned her sad eyes back to Jefferson as she smiled weakly and shrugged. "Everything and nothing at all. I doubt you really want to hear it all.. and why should you.." She never really had thought how strange it was being a leader, or how strange it was knowing that all her friends had passed on or disappeared over time. Her pack that was now her family was all she had left when her own children barely wanted anything to do with her. She really couldn't blame them though, they had their own lives to live.

Messages In This Thread