misty eyes and teardrops
If she'd been in a clear state she would have noticed the paces she was putting the poor male through, but she was lost in her own emotions and betrayals and the silly Matriarch was making the lad walk a line and sadly so. IF she had a chance to look back on this moment she would probably have laughed and pitied the newest packmember and his strange rite of initiation. Of course she wasn't ready for the bold words that Jefferson had to bring to the table and out of nowhere she found herself laughing at his guilty on the spot apology.

Shaking her head the silver and gold woman smiled sadly as she corrected Jefferson. "No, no.. you're right. I asked for your opinion.. and though I wasn't expecting one so brash and loud I got what I asked for." She grinned like an idiot as she went on. "Don't ever apologize for speaking your mind, or speaking the truth.. sometimes it better than a lie for comfort." There were other words he'd spoken and she sat there a moment gazing out across the misty field as the small smile of amusement lingered on her lips.

When finally the Matriarch's eyes turned back to Jefferson there was a wake there, the truth he'd revealed had made her realize that she'd been trying to hold together something that she wasn't even certain could have existed. Would it have existed in these new lands... "You're right.. but it's still bittersweet. I wake each day and my home will remind me of it all. His name was Phoenix.. and once he would have loved the idea of what we've created here.. but I'm not certain if he's even the same man I once loved." Her eyes held small sad smiles as she admitted the truth to Jefferson. She was glad that she had packmates that were willing to look past the fact that she was a leader sometimes, packmates that could begin to embrace the family settling and learn to relax. She believed that as a whole it was the only way she could live now, with her pack as her family, her devotion to them as a whole.

Messages In This Thread