misty eyes and teardrops
[html]

wc277

escape is never the safest path

He'd never been one for musing over storybook heroes and romances; he was more down-to-earth than that. In the hybrid's eyes, he simply lived on the ground and was finding methods to continue surviving that way. What hopes and dreams he possessed ran slim, and were more realistic than not. They were basic goals attainable in usually a matter of days or years, but rarely a physical or mental effort or something that meant going out of his way. It was a character flaw that needed improvement, but was inevitably belittled in the end. How he lived his life had nothing to do with his "goals", whatever they may be. He never spoke of them. In hindsight, Jefferson was somewhat private, and yet he wasn't at all.

He chuckled at her words. She was a leader, and a great one at that; Iskata already had him impressed, which was something he'd come to find was usually a slow procession and not an instant thing. He wasn't regretting, and that was evident in the smile he gave her. "You're a smart one, Iskata. My time here won't be wasted; that I'm sure of. Heh, even if it is doing your dirty work." He snickered and flopped back onto his spine in the hay, taking a brief moment to stretch and yawn. "For now, though, I think maybe me and my scars will do some slacking off myself, if you don't mind. You just said you never got to rest in the morning... now's your chance." Without another word, he rolled over and unleashed another long yawn, before smirking to himself and closing his eye for a contented nap.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread