warrant a name
[html]

Sorry for the wait... to be honest, I have a hard time with this thread. wc322

escape is never the safest path

Iskata was a generous soul, having accepted a creature of such obvious defeat and self-negligence into her pack. She was fortunate that he was not here to take advantage of them and leave--or at least not anymore--and that he was of actual use despite his handicaps and deeply embedded scars that still possessed his thoughts from time to time. He managed to do what he could despite the limping and the pain, and whether or not that was recognized didn't seem to matter. He focused more on finding ways to pay them back for their courtesy of allowing him to reside there. For the first time in his life he was living for something more than himself--he was living for Phoenix Valley, and seeing that it was kept in shape. It was... a good feeling.

"Iskata, a loner? Hah," he scoffed with a light shrug of the shoulders. Why was that such an amusing thought? He'd been a loner once himself. "The lass must have been more fortunate than I and didn't turn out the way I did. She's got a good head on her shoulders, no doubt. As for me, well..." His voice trailed off briefly and he blinked his eye, searching for an answer. He didn't know why he respected her, really, other than that he was grateful for her generosity. Was that really the reason, let alone the only one? And as for Deuce, whom he seemingly had no respect for whatsoever? "It's hard to say why I respect her. I've never respected anyone but those who could beat me in battle." His eye strayed. "When I was a loner, all I did was fight for my life. I never took the time to make companions or consider a life surrounded by something more than passing strangers. It was a hard transition. I've never been under the command of anyone... so I didn't think I'd adapt to that so easily."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread