I'm left standing here, desperate in the cold.
[html]

Adelaida knew how she appeared to her sister. It was their last meeting all over again. Adelaida defiant and covered in wounds, Alexey bewildered at the sight. Only now, the injuries were ten fold, and the defiance was only an act, or at least it turned into one. The longer Adelaida stood in a face off with Alexey, the more her resolved seemed to melt away. The anger and hurt did not dissolve, but Adelaida’s strength to stand up to her sister did. Still, the response of her sister warranted a sneer. I wanted to see you. Good thing I decided to stop by, because you obviously can’t take care of yourself. It sounded more condescending in Adelaida’s head than Alexey had actually spoken. Don’t worry about me, sis. I’m fine. I’m not the one who lost her head and decided to abandoned her sister for a pack of filthy shifters, remember?

Adelaida shuddered inwardly. She was a filthy shifter now, but the words had escaped her none the less. It was hard to think of them any other way, and the lone female didn’t try, not hard at least. Instead she merely thought of herself in the terms that she used to describe the shifters. Filthy, disgusting, disturbing, monster, freak. And she believed those things about herself now. Staring into Alexey’s eyes, which were reflecting the tension of the situation and Adelaida’s personality rather than her being, the masked female believed that her sister thought of her in these terms as well. Suddenly, Adelaida felt as if she would like nothing better than to just crumbled beneath the weight of her life and not rise again.

Instead Adelaida just pricked her ears up at Alexey’s question and shrugged, as if the answer was of no consequence. They had already done the damage, what did it matter who they were? Still, she answered her sister, although Adelaida did so only because she hope that complying would cause her sister to return to her own life and leave Adelaida in her self pity. Coyotes, from Inferni. Three of them. Shifters too. Two males and a female, one of the males had quite a few scars, the female was almost wolf like, white fur and blue eyes... I have no names for you. Her voice was listless, uninterested and detached. Alexey could do what she wanted with the information, Adelaida was done with it.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread