Crushing Daffodils
Iskata chuckled and shook her head, her daughter making light of everything she said while inside Iskata ached. She did look at her daughter though she didn't say the words that ran through her mind, the bitter truth. How she hadn't even been the one to raise Magdalena, how she hadn't even been told her daughter was alive until DaVinci had disappeared to find the long lost sister. How she'd nearly killed her first born son out of sorrow and the pain of what and who he was. She'd never done right by her children, even her second litter had been raised by their father and the pack after Firefly had disappeared. Shaking her head she just smiled as her daughter moved on with her teasing and taunting. "Alright, alight.. but I don't think the lifestock is heading anywhere.. unless you open the gates.." she eyed her daughter with fair warning. She really didn't need any excitement right now.. and the pack did need their herds.

She watched as her daughter seemed to change to reflect the seriousness of her mother's mood. They seemed so much alike and yet they were both so different as well. Iskata hardly saw her daughter anymore even within the same pack and she wished that it wasn't so. Her children were so scattered, even within the pack that she wondered if she'd ever really be close to a single one of them. Naniko was the closest to the silver and gold female and yet she wasn't even really her daughter. She shook her head and admitted, "You know I'd worry so, even when there's no reason to.." She sighed and sat beside her daughter as her eyes gazed off into the distance. "that's the hand of a leader.. and mother I'd assume." She really didn't know, but of course from her own experiances she's guess that was the way of things.

When Magdalena finally gave in and spilled the beans on her own worries and restless feelings Iskata just smiled sadly and told Magdalena the truth. "Don't worry, I never really understood where I fit in. Half the time I was confused and struggling to fit into the ranks I was granted.. when I lived within the pack." She hadn't always been a packwolf. There had been a span of time when she'd roamed alone and far from place to place. Iskata grinned at her daughter and nudged her. "Those cattle need more friends than just me you know.. if you ever get too bored with trying to find yourself." She stood up and moved to the edge of the deck, the breeze from the sea surrounding her as she said softly. "Don't worry, not everyone is born into a place, sometimes you think you'll never belong.. then out of nowhere someplace or someone makes you realize all along you were special." She could remember many faces in the past who had done just that.. she just wished they were here now to remind her of how special she was. God she was lonely even in the middle of her friends and family.

Messages In This Thread