shaking paper
[html]
http://i25.tinypic.com/jizx5d.png); background-position:top; background-repeat: repeat-y; width: 500px;">
In a tower of steel Nature forges a deal To raise wonderful hell
     Rough around the edges as he may be, Ahren was steady on his two feet again, leaving the looming threat of seizures and worse locked in the shadowy wood shack. It was a note of pleased relief that Poe seemed to coast on each time she came across him lately, and this afternoon was no exception. Her round face beamed at Ahren through their reflected images in the lid behind the turning ballerina, then turned over her shoulder to climb up his pale form and settle on his face. The blush stuck to her cheeks, highlighted by the lighter tones the freckled her face, giving her the unnatural glow best suited for a child's doll. But as usual, she seemed entirely pleased by the colourful decoration, and angled her head to show Ahren. "I found some great stuff in the city today," she answered him with the enthusiasm that would suggest she thought anything less than everything in the city was great.

She gestured for him to join her with a bounce of her nose that sent her flamboyant hair splaying over half of her face. "I grabbed another pair of pants that might fit you," she said while rummaging through the pile, giving up as soon as something more interesting stole her attention. A peach-pink scarf covered in little hanging coins jangled as she lifted it up with both hands to display. "Like this. This will be perfect for a good ol' bonfire dance," she grinned cheesily, dropping it in a heap at her side. "And this box, of course. And some make-up that seems relatively intact, inside of it." She returned to the subject that had lured him in to begin. The tune was beginning to slow, pangs echoing longer and hesitating in tow.

Table by Tammi!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread