Close your eyes
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
Well, I’m glad someone does. Wink

In the back of his mind Phoenix flashed through a conversation he’d had with Skoll after meeting Gabriel. Hopefully a war would never happen—and it seemed unlikely, considering how greatly the Place of Lightning and Thunder outnumbered the coyotes right now—but Phoenix couldn’t keep pessimistic thoughts from crossing his mind. Faolin was the only member of the Land of Wuffluvers he could trust, and perhaps that would come to his advantage someday. That was the only thing that allowed him to go with her at a time like this, since he knew she couldn’t be drawing him away from his pack as a diversion while the rest of her clan struck. He didn’t expect her to ever betray her clan, nor did he plan to use her in such a way, but he hoped that their friendship would count for something if the Land of Wuffluvers ever decided to attack his pack. At the very least, she could stay out of it or even warn him.

Phoenix coughed a bit when his lungs and throat protested the unnatural accumulation of dust particles in the man-made environment. He had never been inside before and didn’t know what to expect. The place looked even bigger inside than it did on the outside, and Phoenix couldn’t help but pause just to stare at the rows and rows of books in awe. Had the human world really contained this much knowledge and information? They were a confounding race, indeed. “Y’think a race this smart woulda known better than t’kill themselves off,” he pondered aloud. Finally he shrugged, returning his full attention to his companion. “But I guess there really is a difference between knowledge an’ wisdom.”

The sight of Faolin so deep in her element, arms crossed in thought, caused Phoenix to chuckle a bit. Even if he wasn’t attracted to dog females there was something about her that seemed… cute, in the cuddely-wuddely sort of way. Maybe it was her absurdly large ears, or the fact that she was half his size. He would never actually insult her with the observation, though. Stepping up behind her, he playfully ruffled her hair. “I’ll let you pick ‘em out, an’ you c’n go first. That way I can watch you an’ learn. Mebbe we c’n even find a book about what we can do while we’re here.” He still hadn’t given up hope for learning what caused their anomalous psychic abilities, even if it no longer worried him as much.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread