Any other world
[html]

Urma had been concentrating on the shape of a cloud for sometime now, letting her thoughts drift away, and in certain aspects it seemed as if she had been separated from her own ideas, as if they belonged to the sky as well as the clouds. However her ears picked up the faintest sound, and she spotted Pilot a fraction of a second sooner than he spotted her. She had been running away from him for quite a long time now, and seeing him, suddenly coming in her direction, noticing her, stopped her from moving an inch. The gift suddenly sprang back to life in her mind, and a small sense of panic washed over her, the anticipation, the dreading of a reaction.

She stood quite perfectly still, looking at him, a bit oddly, if anything, counting his steps against her will. When he finally sat down near the place she was resting in, she wagged her tail, letting it beat against the ground underneath her for a few times. She smiled when he greeted her, a genuinely happy smile, hiding the fear quietly nestled beneath it. "Hello," she responded, letting the answer sink in, letting the sound of her own voice after his brush against her ears after what had been some time. "It's been a while," she continued, voicing the thought she had only just had. I missed this, she thought to herself, glad that she could finally look at him, not just glance and hide away.

Urma stood up on all fours, her smile widening. "It's good to see you," she said, barely able to contain her eagerness to close in the distance between them and snuggle up next to him. Her own thoughts made her realise how impossible such things were, how far away from her. She turned around and, in a rush, went in through the entrance and out of sight in her den. A few seconds passed before she emerged, carrying a considerable package, wrapped up in purple paper. She carried it up to him and placed it neatly on the ground in front of him. She looked up to meet his gaze and smiled, although this time her smile was shy. "Ever since I came to Shadowed Sun, I felt I owed you so much for everything you did for me. But I had no idea what I could do for you, in return. I've been meaning to give you this for some time now. But then everything that's been happening lately... she trailed off, before continuing, "I went and bought it at Naniko's suggestion. She helped me figure out a lot of things about..." you...and me...maybe, she thought, "...everything." She paused to take a deep breath, her heart pounding hard against her ribcage. "I hope you're going to like it," she finished lamely, before lowering her gaze to the ground sheepishly.

OOC: The package contains a case, and inside that case is a violin =)

[/html]

Messages In This Thread