Any other world
[html]

Urma wondered whether it would be a good idea to ask when the last time Pilot had played the violin had been, but she decided against it. Any talk about the past now felt as if they didn't want to move forward in the slightest. From what she had gathered, mostly due to her conversations with Naniko, Pilot had his own ghost to haunt him, and Urma found it easy to sympathize with him, given her own past cast shadows on her present still. Realistically speaking, the white female knew only too well that she could never replace Mörker with anyone else, mostly because she felt it unfair that she try to do that knowing full well he was dead now, and he would have been happy had she found someone else, as long as she kept a lingering memory of their times. And Urma didn't have it in her to simply push him out completely-- she doubted she could have, even if she wanted to. She had only found out so much about Dierdre, but the fondness with which Naniko had talked about her made her seem a very good wolf. Of course certain question had always risen-- how come Sirius looked so foreign, appearance like, if Dierdre had been as white-furred as Pilot? But those question didn't change her opinion on Pilot, and she felt that if he had the answers, he'd share them with Urma when he felt it was the right time.

Now this moment, in its simple, shy, childish almost, manner, invaded her body, numbing her senses in a pleasant, relaxing way. Although the feel of his paw underneath her felt very soothing, for the first time she remembered she could do more than this. She looked into his eyes, and spoke softly, "Would you mind waiting a bit?" She lingered with her paw over his one moment more, seemingly unable to take it away, even for a little while. In the end she got up on all fours and went down in her den. In a small satchel she kept a number of odd things, which she only used in Optime form. Using another entrance to her den, that went a bit around the tree, she went out with the satchel, and sat down, her back against the tree trunk. This way the bushes around the tree, as well as the tree itself, kept her out of sight.

Urma closed her eyes, concentrating on what she wanted to do. Her change came a bit more natural to her than it had in the beginning-- seeing so many wolves find comfort in it had motivated her to shift more often. Usually she took to spots outside Shadowed Sun and practiced shifting, then spent hours in her Optime form enjoying the luxuries of better dexterity, before shifting back and returning to her den, a bit exhausted. Now, as she felt her body change, her hair spread itself around her a bit awkwardly, her ears adjusting to the new shape of her skull, the shifting process brought nothing but a foreign kind of familiarity, as opposed to the fear she had once associated it with. It took her about seven minutes to shift, give or take. She then began to take some of the items out of the bag. She ran a few fingers through her hair before braiding it into what came out as a long, smooth braid. Every here and there she'd place a few beads, as a touch of colour. It only took her about two minutes, which, with the time she had spent in her den bringing up the satchel, would make it somewhere around ten minutes since she had left Pilot. She started to feel bad, and panicked about him leaving. In a rush she threw the satchel through the entrance around the tree, before emerging around the tree, nervous but clearly out in the open. She hurried her pace until she was in front of Pilot again, and sat down, folding her legs under her. She smiled, a bit flustered, blushing a bit. She pushed a stray strand of hair out of her eyes, and extended her hand so that it touched Pilot's again. Her index finger traced the outline of Pilot's. It felt nice to know now she could entwine her fingers with his. She smiled, feeling a bit more confident seated in front of him, in the same form.

Only now did she realise evening had quickly settled in, leaving only rosy hues that were diminishing on the horizon. The sky became darker, and she smiled once more. "I'd be more than delighted to spend my night out, watching the stars...." she said, as a late reply to his offer, then thought about her answer more and continued, "...with you." Her hand lingered on his, before slowly encircling his wrist. She edged a little bit closer, paying attention to somehow move around the violin instead of moving it from its place on the grass. She looked over his shoulder, and saw the territories that belonged to Crimson Dreams, like the grass they were on now. She looked up to the sky, whose glow seemed enchanting. She longed to lay down next to him, her head on his chest, and watch the glittering stars above, the sparkling embers that made her feel so small, in comparison. Then she slowly lowered her gaze to meet his once more. "Thank you... for taking me with you." She meant a heartfelt thank you that he had brought her here, within Crimson Dreams. You take her of me, like no one has. Even he took care of me differently. If I could only stay here, with you, forever. I needn't feel small again, if I had that.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread