the time of your life (you just can't tell)
[html]

Sometimes, the hybrid questioned whether he'd really met Arlo that day. Everything surrounding the encounter now seemed surreal, dream-like; it had been a strange fantasy meeting with a grey knight and a haunted library that had somehow turned into a ghostly forest. The thing he'd seen there could have been a dream, a nightmare, just like everything else. The voice and the hatred and the fear -- it wasn't Arlo he attributed them to anymore, really. Laruku closed his eyes and tried to just think about his father because that was the subject at hand, not Tsunami. It was hard, and he opened his eyes again because it felt more normal and because closing them felt too much like the same dream. It made him feel like he would lose his balance and fall because he couldn't see the ground.

He raped my mother, he explained simply. These days, he figured it didn't matter if the world knew everything about him -- they had every right to know, and he had no secrets anymore. If they could realize that he was a monster on their own, then all the better, right? Maybe they would leave him alone then. Maybe they would let him die. She died giving birth to me. I was given to another couple in the pack that'd had a litter two weeks before. A pretty little pseudo-family. He'd gotten a mother and a father, a brother and a sister. All of them had abandoned him, though he didn't fault any of them now. Perhaps they had known all along what was destined to be, that Clouded Tears was doomed to fall under his reign, that he would grow up to have a demon lurking in his skull, that he would do unfathomable things. That he would destroy them all if given the chance.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread