the time of your life (you just can't tell)
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... F-head.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Disregard the fact that I was listening to the Killers during this post and clearly used their lyrics as an influence. Shh. Also, I love this thread. :x

wc326

He understood. He couldn't relate, but he understood. Jefferson sat silently a brief while as he mused over such words in his head. What had his own father been like? His mother? Such thoughts had always been cast away quickly--he'd always been ashamed to give such musings a piece of his time. His parents, family, "home"; they had always been thrown on the backburner and ignored like worthless trash, as if the past he couldn't remember were completely pointless in moving towards the future. This had always been the reality to him, though in the back of his mind he'd always wondered why. Why couldn't he remember them? Why did it bother him so, even if he refused to let the mindlessly nostalgic feelings surface? Why was he all alone in the end? As far as Jefferson was concerned, he had soul but was not a soldier, and despite all the trucking he had done by himself for years, the past he didn't know was constantly a haunting tinge in the back of his mind.

Jefferson nodded slightly, eye distant as it focused on the horizon. "Rape. I see," he muttered, rolling his shoulders nonchalantly. It seemed that fate had played some games with Laruku--born out of rape, but fortunately raised by another pair of parents. He wondered how the male had taken the news when he first found out, or had he always known? For a time, the hybrid considered Laruku almost lucky--at least he could remember his upbringing. At least he had the memories to haunt or teach him, or pass along to his own children. Whether or not the stranger had any was another question, but Jefferson considered him somewhat aged and respectable in manner, and didn't see why not. "I suppose you were lucky enough to have family for a time, adoptive or not." He shrugged, "Must've felt nice to be cared for like that being brought up. Can't say I can relate."
[/html]

Messages In This Thread