the time of your life (you just can't tell)
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... F-head.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
wc283

"Couldn't say," the male shrugged carelessly, whether or not his unlikely companion could see. An ear flicked and a sigh unintentionally released from his lungs and a snort from his nose. "I don't remember a thing about them. Too many knocks to the noggin and all that gets wiped, apparently. My furthest memory is waking up half-dead. Saw 'Jefferson' on a sign on a fence somewhere, so I kept it. Thought it sounded like a good name." It was probably a good thing he'd never had kids, or they'd all be named horrendously. One had to be humorous somehow. "I figured eventually that someone might just recognize me and fill me in, but after a while it got old. It'd be nice to know why faces are beginning to look familiar, though." He scoffed, released an unyielded yawn, and rolled his shoulders.

"The most I really know is that my folks crossbred. Anything more than that, good question." He could understand why Laruku had given up--"all of them are gone for one reason or another"--as the hybrid had done literally the same, even though he had never tried to find his family in the first place. In his mind, he'd never been a pup. He'd never learned morals, never shared stories, never curled up in a den for sleep. He'd always just been the ruffled up loner he'd gotten used to, and for the most part he was okay with that. "Could have been a rape baby myself. Would make some sense. Hell if I know, though. Your adoptive ma wouldn't want a thing to do with me if that was the case." A chuckle.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread