the time of your life (you just can't tell)
[html]

wc314

escape is never the safest path

Maluki? Colibri? Who were all these people, that were so suddenly identified? Were their names so unimportant that they could be whisked so easily into the air without any further explanation, like dust into the wind? Such a pain seemed to possess them both then from two different categories; Jefferson ached from the unending cycle of questions that could only return with such a blatant, sudden identification and the realization that he'd once had a life somehow that inevitably was thrown away by this Maluki--but why? He'd had parents and a home, according to this Laruku. This creature somehow knew of Jefferson before he was even himself, when he was someone else. And yet, after an indistinguishable amount of time spent apart, the blind one was still somehow able to give him a name simply by a few vague memories. There was always room for mistakes, yes, but Laruku also recognized the similarities that Jefferson had found in the white wolfess to an unidentifiable cloud of memory hidden in the back of his mind. The hybrid could not tell whether the stranger--was he a stranger?--was suddenly pained or disgusted, but hastened to his three legs when Laruku began to stride away.

"Wait," he called suddenly, green eye focusing on the stranger's retreating form. He couldn't possibly leave him with information like that. It had to be more than coincidence that the two had suddenly met and were recognized. "Who are they? Colibri? Acid? Ceres? I don't even remember who this Maluki is. You knew him. You knew me." His voice grew grave, now removing the innocence and confusion from the conversation. The time had come to start demanding real questions--at which point, Jefferson limped his way after the creature again. He was not going to be left behind again. "Who are you? Why did you know me? What the hell happened to my life, Laruku?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread