the time of your life (you just can't tell)
[html]

Laruku stopped when the other cut off his path, but only regarded at him with the same empty expression. The blind man wasn't sure when he had last been angry, but that particular emotion, more than any other, felt far away. He had no right or reason to be angry; the other man did, but slightly younger hybrid still had no interest in divulging the whole truth. He was not the only source of information in the world; if he really wanted to know, there were other places to look. Laruku was certain of very little these days, but he knew that he didn't want to be found. If he was lost to his once-brother now, then he wanted to remain that way. The world had never been made so that everyone could be happy. Why should I have all the answers? he asked evenly, apparently unphased by Jefferson's impatience.

They were not the same. They never really had been. Clouded Tears is gone, just like the rest of the packs that used to be on the other side of that mountain. I don't know anything about your parents -- maybe they're alive, maybe not. That, at least, was true. He had not seen Acid since he had been four months old. He had not seen Colibri since... he didn't remember when he had last seen her. Perhaps it had been shortly after Ceres's death. That had been almost three years ago. A lifetime ago, a thousand lifetimes ago. I'm sorry I don't know all the answers to your questions, but you and most of your family disappeared a long time ago. They were dead to each other. Laruku preferred it that way. Life went on. If he had to bury the past, then he would bury the whole past. The hybrid wanted to continue walking away, but there was no real way for him to escape until Maluki decided he was done asking questions.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread