life is darkness, forever and again
[html]
Deuce watched and listened. The girl was quiet, listless. Deuce wanted to tell her there had been no pups, to quell some of Firefly's pain. But she held her tongue. It would do no good for her to know, the Shaman felt. So She waited.
Firefly's question came as a sort of surprise to the woman. "I'm not much like her am I?" The pale woman thought for a moment, then answered. "I did not know your mother in her younger days, Firefly. I do know that she's mellowed since meeting your father. Honestly, you remind me of Phoenix. He was always willing to fight for what he believed in. He never liked me much, you know. Especially after I left his pack to join Lucifer again."
It seemed so long ago, the first time she'd met the brunette male. She'd been pregnant with Dierdre then, and aggressive towards everyone. She'd taunted and teased him, and then run away. the next time she saw him, he'd stumbled onto Dierdre's birth. It was after Dierdre had adopted him that the to had begun to get along. He'd always felt Deuce was flakey. Perhaps he was right.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread