life is darkness, forever and again
Firefly's ears flickered slightly as Deuce finally gave way to words and spoke about her mother. Firefly didn't know anything about her mother other than the fact that once she'd lived in Clouded Tears and after losing her mind had attacked DaVinci and been forced into exhile. When the topic was changed to her father Firefly sneered and laughed bitterly. "I am nothing like Phoenix. I would have never tried to convince my children that they were better than their older siblings.. nor would I have believed every bit of gossip the world threw to the wind. He was never willing to give DaVinci a chance." She turned her eyes away for a moment the spark of fire back in her gaze as she remembered her brief time with her whole litter as a child. "He'd tower over DaVinci when he came to visit like he wasn't worthy of being in the same space as us.. He never would have given him half a chance. Ever." She knew she was probably being stupid and childish right now but she wasn't her father's daughter, if any of them were it was Ember.. always Daddy's little girl.

She finally turned her eyes back to Deuce and sighed softly. "I don't know why he believed so strongly in those stupid fairytales.. there's no such thing as a perfect ending." She didn't really care for the whole history behind Phoenix Valley either, though atleast it was sculptured after starting afresh, not the happily ever after. Atleast they understood this time around that sometimes it doesn't go as planned.

Messages In This Thread